Forensic Toolkit® (FTK®): Recognized around the World as the Standard in Computer Forensics Software
FTK is a court-accepted digital investigations platform that is built for speed, analytics and enterprise-class scalability. Known for its intuitive interface, email analysis, customizable data views and stability, FTK lays the framework for seamless expansion, so your computer forensics solution can grow with your organization’s needs.
In addition AccessData offers new expansion modules delivering an industry-first malware analysis capability and state-of-the-art visualization. These modules integrate with FTK to create the most comprehensive computer forensics platform on the market.
View data in multiple display formats, including timelines, cluster graphs, pie charts and more. Quickly determine relationships in the data, find key pieces of information, and generate reports that are easily consumed by attorneys, CIOs or other investigators.
Explicit Image Detection
With ever-increasing volumes of digital image data, how do you quickly find the visual evidence that is relevant to your investigation? Explicit Image Detection (EID) functionality is now integrated into FTK, allowing customers to automatically identify pornographic images.
The image detection technology not only looks for flesh tone colors, but it has been trained on a library of approximately 30,000 actual pornographic images. So it is assessing actual visual content. This capability greatly benefits investigators who are working pornography cases, particularly those investigators working cases that involve children. These types of cases sadly have inundated law enforcement agencies throughout the country, and this capability increases the speed with which investigators can handle those cases.
Access Data FTK 5 Features
AN INTEGRATED COMPUTER FORENSICS SOLUTION
- Create images, process a wide range of data types from forensic images to email archives, analyze the registry, conduct an investigation, decrypt files, crack passwords, and build a report all with a single solution.
- Recover passwords from 100+ applications.
- KFF hash library with 45 million hashes.
- Advanced, automated analysis without the scripting.
DON’T LOSE WORK DUE TO CRASHING
Unlike other products on the market, FTK is database-driven so you won’t experience the crashing associated with memory-based tools. In addition FTK components are compartmentalized, so for example, if the GUI crashes, the processing workers continue to process data.
UNMATCHED PROCESSING SPEEDS
FTK is different from other computer forensics solutions in that it processes data up front, so you’re not wasting time waiting for searches to execute during the analysis phase. However, the product is designed to provide the fastest, most accurate and consistent forensic processing possible with distributed processing and true multi-threaded / multi-core support. Every copy of FTK includes a total of 4 processing workers – 1 on the examiner machine and 3 distributed. If you are interested in having multiple examiners share a common processing farm and centralized database for collaborative analysis, please contact your sales representative to inquire about AccessData Lab.
- Wizard-driven processing ensures no data is missed.
- Cancel/Pause/Resume functionality
- Real-time processing status
- CPU resource throttling
- Email notification upon processing completion
- Pre- and post-processing refinement
- Advanced data carving engine allows you to specify criteria, such as file size, data type and pixel size to reduce the amount of irrelevant data carved while increasing overall thoroughness
Install a persistent agent on a single computer to enable the remote analysis and incident response capabilities of AD Enterprise. Preview, acquire and analyze hard drive data, peripheral device data, and volatile/memory data on Windows®, Apple® OS, UNIX® and Linux® machines. Uninstall the agent at any time, and push it out to a different computer for multi-machine analysis.
- Easy, wizard-driven agent deployment
- Secure remote device mounting using the Pico agent
ADVANCED VOLATILE / MEMORY ANALYSIS
- Supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows® OS
- Comprehensive analysis of volatile data
- Static RAM analysis from an image or against a live system
- Enumerate all running processes, including those hidden by rootkits, and display associated DLLs, network sockets and handles in context.
- Dump a process and associated DLLs for further analysis in third-party tools.
- Memory string search allows you to identify hits in memory and automatically map them back to a given process, DLL or piece of unallocated space and dump the corresponding item.
- FTK now provides VAD tree analysis and exposes registry artifacts in memory and will parse and display handle information from memory
- Image thumbnails are now stored in batches in the case folder, enabling faster image retrieval and reduced backup time.
MAC FEATURES THAT CAN’T BE FOUND IN ANY OTHER WINDOWS ANALYSIS TOOL
- Process B-Trees attributes for metadata
- PLIST support
- SQLite database support
- Apple DMG and DD_DMG disk image support
- JSON file support
FASTER, MORE COMPREHENSIVE INDEX AND BINARY SEARCHING
FTK processes and indexes your data up front, so search and analysis is faster than other products. Leveraging the powerful dtSearch engine, as well as a full-featured regular expression engine for binary searches, FTK produces fast and accurate results.
- New in FTK: Regular expression support in index searching allows you to search for advanced combinations of characters within indexed data.
BROAD FILE SYSTEM, FILE TYPE AND EMAIL SUPPORT
- Support for 700+ image, archive and file types
- Notes NSF, Outlook PST/OST, Exchange EDB, Outlook Express DBX, Eudora, EML (Microsoft Internet Mail, Earthlink, Thunderbird, Quickmail, etc.), Netscape, AOL and RFC 833
- Process and analyze DMG (compressed and uncompressed), Ext4, exFAT, VxFS (Veritas File System), Microsoft VHD (Microsoft Virtual Hard Disk), Blackberry IPD backup files, Android YAFFS / YAFFS 2 and many more.
- Create and process Advanced Forensic Format (AFF) images.
BROAD ENCRYPTION SUPPORT
- Automatically decrypt (with proper credentials) Credant, SafeBoot, Utimaco, SafeGuard Enterprise and Easy, EFS, PGP, GuardianEdge, Pointsec and S/MIME.
- FTK is the only computer forensics solution that can identify encrypted PDFs.
Visualization, allows you to view data in seconds in multiple display formats, including timelines, cluster graphs, pie charts and more.
- GRAPHICAL EMAIL ANALYTICS
- Adjust scale and focus of communication periods in days, weeks, months, years and decades.
- Quickly determine and convey peak communication periods in a graphical format.
- View email custodian-level details including sent and received statistics to pinpoint periods of interest.
- Graphically represent the social network of an email custodian to determine strength/frequency of communication.
- Obtain key insight into the interaction among potential persons of interest and flag these email exchanges in FTK.
- GRAPHICAL FILE ANALYTICS
- Adjust scale and focus of created, modified and last accessed dates to identify gaps or areas of interest.
- Provide a complete picture of the data profile and makeup.
- Understand file volume and counts through an interactive interface.
- Sort and group files by a variety of metadata attributes.
- Efficiently identify and tag files for checking in FTK.
EXPLICIT IMAGE DETECTION (EID)
This image detection technology not only recognizes flesh tones, but has been trained on a library of more than 30,000 images to enable auto-identification of potentially pornographic images.
- Generate detailed reports in native format, HTML, PDF, XML, RTF, and more – with links back to the original evidence.
- Define Registry Supplemental Reports (RSR) during pre-processing or additional analysis.
- See which files could not be processed or indexed with the Processing Exception/Case Info report.
- Create a CSV of processed files that can be imported into Excel or a database application.
- Export MSGs for all supported email types.