SuperCopier 8″ Field SAS – Duplicate Hard Drive unit (i5 Edition). The hard drive duplicator unit supports SAS/SATA hard drives and USB3.0 storage devices. It extremely fast operation, high transfer rates, very efficient, and run under Linux Ubuntu. The unit can use to clone data in 2 modes of operation:
1) Mirror mode, Imaging drive with 100% bit by bit copy – any OS and any file system, with Hash verification mechanism which includes Hash target drives and compare to source drive for 100% data transferred verification.
2) Quick Copy mode (Smart Advanced Copy) that only clone the file systems. It supports NTFS, exFAT, FAT, EXT2-4. The application automatically scan all the partitions on source drives, it also allows user to chose and select:
1) Automatic scale all partitions
2) Select which partition to scale and relocate
3) not to scale any partition, on the target drives.If the data on the source drive does not occupied the whole drive, user can copy it to smaller drive(for example if the data occupied only 200GB on 1TB source drive, than the target drive can be 200GB and cloning from 1TB to 200GB will work). Also the application is updated with latest supports for the Windows 10 GPT. The unit built-in with 4 native SAS ports, 6 native USB3.0 ports, eSATA port, 2 USB2.0 ports, and 8″ Touchscreen color LCD display. Multiple operation User can clone SAS hard disk drives from one source drive to 3 target drives (1:3), or from two source drives to two target drives (2:2) all in parallel operation. There are more possibilities with SATA and USB drives. The unit is very compact and easy to carry. The SuperCopier cloning application is very simple and easy to use and it designed to work with touchscreen navigation icons. The performance of the unit is very high, Duplicate Solid State Drives (SSD) at 28GB/Min, 1TB WD Blue SATA Hard Disk Drives at 10GB/min. The application also generates extensive log files and certification. Erase operation is NIST 800-88 compliance. Expansion options: Express Port for supports 1394, Thunderbolt device Expansion Port Expansion Box for supports SCSI storage devices and more interfaces.
Case: Mobile, lightweight, and easy to carry
Display: 8 “(800X600) LED back-light Touchscreen color LCD display
Secure DC-in connector: Keyed and Locked DC-In connector to avoid accidental disconnect in the middle of operation.
Speed: Externally fast and efficient operation with less OS overhead
GUI: The Cloning application is built with large and simple icons and it is easy to navigate
Storage Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE(with supplied adapters), USB3.0, SCSI*, 1394*, Thunderbolt*, PCIE*, Mini-PCIE*, M.2 NGFF
Storage Devices Supported Form Factors: 3.5 inch, 2.5 inch, ZIF, 1.8″, Micro-SATA, and Mini-SATA, M.2 NGFF
OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
HPA/ DCO: Application supports detection, open, capture, erase from HPA/DCO special areas on the drive
Bad Sectors Handling: User can select to skip bad sectors, skip bad blocks, or abort the operations
48bit LBA addressing: Support drives with size up to 256TB
Flexible Port’s Role Assignment: User can re-assign any port a role to be source or target.
Cloning default source ports: One SAS port and one USB3.0 port are set as source ports for cloning operation
Log Files: The Application generates extensive and detailed log files that user can easy export to USB flash drive
Clone Mode: Mirror Image 100% bit by bit, or Quick Clone of the file systems
Main Copy/Duplicator/Clone application features:
- Mirror Image: 100% bit by bit for any size of master and target with any OS. Source and targets drives need to be the same make and size if user needs to boot from the target drives. User can image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging
- Quick Capture- Advanced Smart Copy mode: Where the cloning and deploying process is done with copy of file system.
It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/EXT -2-3-4 file system
Automatic scan for all the partitions on the source drive
Optional to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partition by user selection and choice
Optional not to scale partitions
Flexibility in cloning mode can be 1:3, 2:2 and more modes with use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters
If the size of the DATA on the source drive (not the size of source drive) will fit the target drive, than the quick capture will be completed
- Automatic format and partitions the target drives: On-the-fly during the duplication runs.
Verification of the copied data:
Built-in data transfer verification mode applied for all modes of copy.
For 100% bit by bit copy: User can select to add optional Hash calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHa-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. SHA-1 is the fastest mode and it almost adds not delay to the total copy time. For extra precaution, user can also enable the option to “Hash target drives and compare” which will run an addition read pass over the target drives at the end of the copy, calculated Hash value by reading the data from the target drives, and compare the Hash values to the one that was generated from the source drive. That extra step add some extra time, for example if running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source HDD to 2TB targets HDD can takes around 2h, Hash target drives and compare can add another hour to the total time.
Multiple Session Operations:
- Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions: User can assign and selects one source and many targets into one session of cloning. Also user can have many sessions of cloning, each will have source and at least one target, which gives the user more possibilities to use the unit in a very efficient way. User can run a multiple efficient parallel operation on any available ports. There are some limitations on the number of simultaneous sessions: i5 CPU has 4 sessions limitation. However, user can combine more than one port/storage devices in the same sessions. Also. user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session. Example of operations: Erase data with DoD protocol from a hard disk drive on one port, quick smart image on a second port and third ports, and so. User can erase up to 10 storage devices in multiple independence sessions, or clone from one source drive up to 9 target drives (1:9) in one session operation, or clone from 5 source drives to 5 target drives (5:5) in 3 separate sessions (With the use very fast USB3.0 to SATA adapters).
- Multiple Session Application Screen: All running sessions are displayed in one Application Screen. The application screen shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, completion progress bar, successful completion flag. User can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real time running progress and get detailed setting. It is a very easy way to view, navigate, and control the sessions.
- Hard Drive Detection Application Screen: All hard disk drives and storage devices that are connected to the units will be scanned and displayed in one application screen, called “the detection screen”. User can tap on each drive to get its detailed info, as well as selecting it for the desired operation they are planning to use.
• Native SAS: 4 Ports
• Native SATA: 5 Ports (With one e-SATA port)
• USB3.0: 6 Ports
• USB2.0: 2 Ports
With the use of USB3.0 to SATA fast adapters and with the combination of e-SATA port, the unit can support up to 11 SATA drives.
With the use of Express Port Option enabled, and the Optional Sonnet 4 SAS Ports Express Card Adapter, the application can support up to 8 SAS drives.
Save Images to local network
Erase Hard Disk Drives operation: Use DoD 5220-22M, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or user define pattern and numbers of iterations. Security Erase and DoD protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance.
Quick Format Hard Disk Drives: FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, EXT4, HFS
Erase Certification: The Application generates NIST 800-88 erase certification that can be exported into a USB flash drive.
S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If user intend to erase drive for re-use purpose, it would be recommended to to run some “Health test” on the drive prior to erase process. There are available are 3 type of tests: Short Test (2-5 minutes) which scan random area on the drive, Extended Full Test (Can take hours) that scan the entire drive, or Conveyance Test that identify damage incurred during transporting of the drive, to evaluate the “health” condition of the drive prior to erase operation.
USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min.With the use of USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and very little speed degradation.
Express Card Port Option: An optional port that needs to be installed at the time of purchasing of the main unit. This additional port gives the user the ability to plug and use a few kinds of Express Card adapters with different interfaces,and Express Card media. The user can also clone and erase data from those additional new interfaces and devices. A dual port 1394A/B, PCIE memory (Sony SxS), Mini PCIE SSD (not supported by SATA protocol).
Expansion Port Option and Expansion Box Option: An optional port that needs to be installed at the time of purchasing of the main unit. (The user can choose to configure the main unit with only one connectivity port: Express Card Port or Expansion Port). This additional expansion port gives the user the ability to plug and use Expansion Box with express card reader already installed, and ability to support clone and erase data from SCSI Hard Disk Drive (With the purchasing of the SCSI 2 Hard Disk Drives Option Kit).
SCSI KIT Option: The SCSI Kit includes the low profile PCIE X1 SCSI controller with single port, 2 channel SCSI LVDS cable (68pin connectors), SCSI terminator, and VHDCI to SCSI 2 adapter.
1394 Option: This option is supplied with 1394A/B Express Card. It is a very easy and quick way to add support for 1394 devices that can be daisy chained. This option works on units that support, and installed with Expansion Port or Express Port Options.
Thunderbolt Option:With the use of 1394 to express adapter and Thunderbolt to 1394 adapter, a user can connect the unit into a Mac that have a TB port (that is booted in target mode) and access the Mac internal drive.
USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) SATA base adapters Option: Most current laptops and tablets use M.2 (NGFF) Storage devices. This adapter supports connectivity to some of the newest SSD M.2 digital storage (Storage that supported by SATA Protocols). There is a class of SSD drives, with NGFF connectors, that are not supported by SATA protocols, and are not supported by those adapters. The M.2 NGFF connectors, for instance, came in a variety of models, and were not standardized until 2014.
USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) PCIE base adapters Option: Few adapters are available that supports PCIE base SSD that are been used in MackBook Air 2012 , MacBook Pro Retina 2012 , MacBook 2013-14 with special interface (12 16), and adapter with M.2 generic B M connectors.
Built in USA: The units are built and tested in the US.