The SuperWiper®’s is an industrial and extremely fast 8 SAS HDD Erase/Format unit. Multichannel hard drive eraser unit.
The unit performs at a very high speed, in a very secure Linux environment, and with the most efficient user-friendly application. The unit has a durable build with the style of a desktop, featuring an 8 channel open tray for easy hard drive insertion: 8 SATA/SATA-3 ports, 6 USB3.0 ports, and one e-SATA port. The SuperWiper™’s erase application supports both HDD multichannel erase operations as well as independent channel erase operations.The SuperWiper™’s application supports these erase protocols: DoD, Secure Erase, or user defined parameters. The user can also format hard disk drives with the choice of many different kinds of file systems including, NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS , and EX4. The SuperWiper™ application is very unique in that it gives the user a max throughput of erased devices. (Erase simultaneously 8 1TB WD Blue HDD @ average speed of 8.2GB/min).
S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: User can choose to run a Short Test (2-5 minites), Extended Full Test, Conveyance Test to evaluate the “health” condition of the drive prior to erase operation.
- Dedicated Secure Unit: Erases and Formats storage devices (HDD, SSD, USB storage device, Multi-Media-Cards)
- 8 Channel HDD Open Tray: An easy to insert and plug tray, that accommodates any size and shape of HDD and storage devices, yielding power status LED indicators
- Display: 8-inch (800×600) resistive touch screen color LCD mounted on a display pad that can be adjusted for hieghts and angle of view (It also has an external VGA connector)
- Application: Intuitive touch GUI with large icons and easy navigation
- OS: Linux
- Security: With Linux OS and without any network port/Wi-Fi connectivity, the unit has total isolation from potential malicious Malware
- Erase Hard Disk Drive Protocols: The user can choose to erase the following HDD: DoD 5220-22M specs, Secure Erase (if the HDD supports it), or set their own erase pattern and number of iterations
- Supports Eraser from Various Form Factor Devices: 3.5 inch, 2.5 inch, ZIF, 1.8 inch IDE, Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA
- Support Interfaces: SAS/SATA/IDE/e-SATA, and USB
- Erase Multi-Media-Cards: Supports SD/CompactFlash/Memory Stick/ microSD with the use of a Multi-Media-Card reader via USB port
Main Run Options
- Continuous Mode: The user can run continuous erase operations with a multi-session operation. (The number of sessions are limited to the number of available CPU cores (8 for this unit).Each port, whether SAS/SATA or USB, can be used as an independent session for the erase operation. The user plugs a device into a port and can then run a session with the erase operation on the selected port.The user can abort the operation in the middle of therun, independent of other running sessions. When an erase session is completed, the user can continue to remove the erased device from the port and replace it with another device that needs erasing. All of this is possible while other sessions are still continuously running.
- Batch Mode: The user can select and run a single session with certain ports and devices. For example, you can combine all 8 channels into one session.
- Port Operation Screen Status: Each session/port has its own update status screen, where the user can view in real-time the updated progress of the operation.
- Log Files: Can be exported to external USB storage devices.
Hard Disk Drives Format:
- Partition Table: Master Boot Record(MBR), GPT, MAC.
- File System: NTFS, ex-FAT, FAT32, HFS (Mac), EXT4(Linux)