The ProDevice ASM120 is the first automatic degausser capable of generating an electromagnetic field of 11,000 Gauss, which guarantees the safe and effective removal of data from storage media with the highest areal densities. It can be used to render data inaccessible on functional and non-functional (damaged) magnetic tape and hard disk drives.
The ProDevice ASM120 includes state-of-the-art software tools, enabling access to historical data, units per cycle, and assessment of the generated electromagnetic field per cycle. The memory stores at least 1,000 records, and when full, the oldest one is overwritten.
The ProDevice ASM120 ensures that unauthorized access to data is prevented and chain-of-custody is not compromised, to comply with rigorous industry regulations and governmental legislation regarding data privacy and protection of personally identifiable information (PII) and patient health information (PHI) that includes but are not limited to:
- Graham-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX, SARBOX)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act/Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HIPAA/HiTECH)
The ProDevice ASM120 introduces the following unique innovations:
- Software implemented as a diagnostic tool
- Continuous assessment of electromagnetic field strength to validate service integrity
- Generation of log files for reporting and auditing purposes
- Multiple language support
- Operating in network mode, with the ability to operate, monitor, and manage the ProDevice ASM120 from any location in the world via TCP/IP connectionA great advantage of these innovations includes the ability to rent the device to your customers with a pre-defined number of degaussing cycles. If the customer needs to add more cycles, they can easily purchase more cycles or the ProDevice ASM120 can be remotely recharged using a TCP/IP network connection.Supported magnetic storage media includes, but is not limited to:
- Hard disk drives: 2.5 inch and 3.5-inch, with no need to remove the hard disk drive from the carrier
- Data tape media: LTO1-LTO5, DLT, SDLT, DDS, DAT, AIT, Travan, MLR, SLR, QIC, 3480/3490, 3490E, 3590, 3590E, 3592, 9840, 9940, T10K, SD-3, VXA
- Audio and video tape cassettes
- Floppy, ZIP, and RDX disks
The ProDevice ASM120 is covered by 2-year warranty.