The SuperImager® Plus Desktop Pro Gen-3 Forensic Lab Unit is a heavy duty, industrial, standalone and extremely fast Forensic Imaging unit that enables the user to captures data from multiple sources to multiple target drives. The unit is running under Linux Ubuntu OS. It easy to use with many built-in features that help the user to automated imaging or uploading.
- The unit hardware: i7 – 8th generation CPU, 32GB Memory, 250GB SSD internal storage, SAS 3.0, with 8 SAS/SATA (12Gigabit/s) ports and 10 USB3.1 (10Gigabit/s) ports, Ubuntu 18.04LTS OS with a dual boot of Linux and Win10 Prof. (The top speed reading from SATA SSD is 31GB/min).
- The application is using Ubuntu open OS: Multi-tasks, truly simultaneous multiple forensic imaging from one or many source ports to one or many target ports with different interfaces and options. Like imaging 1:7, 4:4, 8 to a network of SAS/SATA drives using mirror image, DD, E01 compressed, mix mode and more. Also, the user can select to run in one imaging session 3 HASH engines (SHA1, SHA2, MD5), AES256 encryption and a quick keyword search on the fly at amazing speeds. The unit has a very wide bandwidth of expansion slots to support a few expansion options like 8 SAS/SATA port expansion box, NVMe, SCSI, FC, 1394, 10gigabit/s Ethernet and more.
- Usage: Under the Linux OS: Full Forensic imaging, HASH, Erase and Format, Drive Diagnostics, Virtual Emulator, Remote Capture, Encrypt, Decrypt, Keyword Search before or while the imaging, Scripting.
- Under Windows 10 Pro: Load and use any third-party applications to perform: Full Forensic analysis (EnCase, Nuix, Magnet), Multiple Cellphone data extractions (Cellebrite, MSAB, Paraben) using the unit’ fast USB ports.
The user can use to the unit to:
- Forensic Imaging: with E01/Ex01 format and with full compression, DD, Mirror, Mixed_format DD/E01, Selective Imaging of files and folders using file extension filters (run 4 multiple sessions of E01 capture with 8 native SAS/SATA ports and with 16 compression engines)
- Imaging Many to One: Perform Forensic Imaging from 7 Suspect drives to one large Evidence drive
- View: View the captured data directly on Ubuntu Desktop Screen, or on the Windows Screen
- Upload to Network: Upload 8 Forensic images to a network (SMB, CIFS, NFS)
- Erase data from many drives simultaneously using DoD(ECE, E), Security Erase, Enhanced Security, Sanitize erase modes
- Virtual Drive Emulator: Boot, mount and view the Suspect drive in its native environment (mount raw drive or DD/E01 drive image), and extract important files into Evidence drive or any external storage
- Encryption and Decryption on the fly of drives that contain sensitive information
- Use third-party applications to run Multiple Cellphone/Tablets Data Extraction and Analysis
- Use the unit as a Full Forensic Analysis Station running Encase/Nuix/FTK applications
- Flexibility in port’s rule: Reconfigure the unit’s ports, where each of the target port can be configured as source or target
- USB3.0 ports: Convert the unit’s 10 USB3.1 ports to SATA ports and run more parallel sessions (with the use of some USB3.0 to SATA adapters)
- Expand with PCIE 3.0 expansion slots, and optional 8 SAS/SATA Expansion Box (bring the total of SAS/SATA ports to be 16 with very little speed degradation), SCSI, 1394, TB, FC, NVMe storage devices.
- Fast Network: Configure the unit with 40Gigabit/s dual ports Ethernet controller for a faster forensic Images Network loader.
- NVMe Kit: To capture data from NVMe 2.5″ SSD or NVMe M.2 SSD
The unit is designed to help expedite the forensic imaging process, especially in facilities where there is a large backlog in imaging hard disk drives by performing many parallel forensic imaging in a true optimized multiple session’s application.
The Unit Built-in:
The unit has a built-in 8” Touchscreen color LCD display, 8 native SAS/SATA ports with a 8 open tray drive caddie, 10 native USB3.1 ports, e-SATA port, Generic USB2.0 port, 1 Gigabit/s Ethernet port, HDMI port.
The Unit as Forensic Imaging Tool:
In one read pass from the “Suspect” drive, the application can run the following operations simultaneously: Forensic Imaging with E01 format and with full compression, Encryption with AES 256, simultaneously calculate 3 HASH Verification and Authentication values (MD5, SHA1, SHA2), and Saving the captured Forensic Images to many destinations such us 1) Two “Evidence” drives 2) Network 3) External compact USB3.0/e-SATA TB RAID encrypted storage 4) NAS. In addition, the user can run (optional) Virtual Drive Emulator to browse the Suspect drive under Windows, transfer and copy important files from the Suspect drive to any destination drives.
The Unit as Complete Forensic Platform:
In addition the unit can serve as a platform for a forensic investigator to run a complete investigation and to perform: Cellphones and Tablets data Extraction and Analysis A complete Computer Forensic investigation Analysis with applications such as Nuix, FTK, EnCase, ProDiscovery, A Triage application on the captured drive.
The Unit as Data Eraser:
Supports DoD and Security Erase, Enhanced Security erase protocols that are NIST 800-88 compliance.
The SuperImager Plus Desktop Forensic Lab unit is one of the top-of-the-line forensic imaging devices on the market today. It will outperform many units running Windows Imaging applications with i7 6th generation CPU The unit has many expansion capabilities and options using, PCIE 3.0 Expansion slots.
Dual Boot: The unit is configured as a dual boot unit (Linux and Windows 7 PRO). The Linux OS to be used for Forensic Imaging purpose where the performance of the Forensic Imaging under Linux is faster, more efficient, and a more secure operation. The Windows 8.1 Pro OS to be used for running third-party applications to perform data analysis, Cellphone data extraction capture, Triage data extraction and other tasks.
One year warranty for the main unit. (It is not include cables and accessories)